Friday, May 05, 2006

New Links added!

In our very small fishbowl of Delaware political blogs, the feud between DCBA member DelaThought and Dana Garrett's DelawareWatch has spiralled into a fun little mess to watch - though it likely isn't as fun to participate.

My take on it is this - DelaThought said he would post a letter (which turned out to be an email), that he can't locate. He apologized for this.

Dana claimed he is a liar (many times, in fact) and says that the correspondence never existed. He also says he does not support Mike Protack in a primary, or an election.

If Garrett doesn't support Protack - a claim he has made with great vehemence - he is doing a fantastic job of hiding that fact. He has made no less than eight posts about him in the past two weeks - by contrast, the News Journal has mention him twice, the Delaware State News twice, and Protack has updated his own website once in that same time period. So as it stands, Garrett is the only guy keeping the Protack name alive.

If DelaThought didn't have the email he claimed to possess, he shouldn't have said so. Given that he did, his apology was sufficient. His claim is still substantive for the following reasons:
Given that Garrett has two unsubstantiated claims (DelaThought's and Protack's) to determine a position, and he chose the one who has lied publicly before, I'd say he either has an axe to grind (probably true), or he's a little nuts (again, probably true).

Preceding this whole hub-bub, Garrett decided that the DCBA was Shilling for the Delaware Republican Party, and now lists them as Delaware 2006 (Disguised DE Republican Site). While I enjoy reading Dana's site on occasion - if only for a chuckle - I felt it necessary to provide a similar description in my links.

Ciao!

5 Comments:

Anonymous NosyNeighbor said...

LOL -- Thanks for the laugh! I find Dana's incessant ramblings about the same topic also entertaining. DT is so much more intelligent and mature I almost wish he would stop responding to Dana's outburts -- but then I wouldn't have anything to read to break up my day at work. Oops --Except for your blog which I just stumbled upon. :)

5/05/2006 3:16 PM  
Blogger ColossusHube said...

I felt it necessary to provide a similar description in my links.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that! Thanks! :-)

5/05/2006 10:59 PM  
Blogger delathought said...

Thanks for having my back, Rick. I'm afraid you'll get tangled up in the neverending cycle for defending me, but I'm done. Too much to do.

5/06/2006 9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

write more, I need my intellegent pollitical blog fix!

6/11/2006 2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on Rick, let's update this blog. We're all interested in what you have to say.

6/19/2006 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home