Sunday, August 06, 2006

From Gazziza.net: the Book Meme

Paul, I accept your challenge.

1. One book that changed your life:
The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. While I wouldn't call myself an Objectivist, reading that book made me want to be the very best I could be, at whatever I did, just because I could. How powerful is that?

2. One book that you've read more than once:
Do comic books count?

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
Kon-Tiki. (For the uninformed, it's about a guy who crosses the Pacific on a raft.)

4. One book that made you laugh:
Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. A light-hearted tale about the Biblical Apocalypse.

5. One book that made you cry:
I honestly don't think I've ever cried reading a book. Which is strange - I've cried during McDonald's commercials (Do your mama proud, Calvin!).

6. One book that you wish had been written:
There's a book I'm planning to write:

America is Wrong Again!
I'm Just Messing With You - We Kick Ass
by Rick J


7. One book that you wish had never been written:
To Serve Man. It's a cookbook! They're going to eat us!!!

Or, how about anything by Paul Begala.

8. One book you’re currently reading:
Not trying to get cross-posted or anything, but Only In Delaware by Celia Cohen is in my bathroom right now.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
Beside Still Waters: Searching for Meaning in an Age of Doubt by Gregg Easterbrook.

10. Tag five others.
I'm passing it along...

5 Comments:

Blogger Paul Smith Jr. said...

I keep telling my friends that if I ever write a book, it will called "Catholics: Why We Must Be Conservatives"

8/06/2006 9:32 PM  
Anonymous Mike M. said...

Celia Cohen's book in your bathroom? Hmm...JUST where it belongs!

8/06/2006 9:44 PM  
Anonymous steamboat willy said...

"Kon Tiki" - Brilliant!

books in the bathroom... now I know I won't be borrowing any books from you.

8/07/2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger RickJ said...

Well, what an I supposed to do while I'm in there? Seems like the wrong place for a snack.

8/08/2006 11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read CONFESSIONS of an ECONOMIC HITMAN by John Perkins, Penguin Pub., Jan., 2006.

8/22/2006 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home